Here are a few quick and easy decorating ideas we recommend for anyone to use to transform your home.
1. Declutter and beautify your bookshelves. Go through everything on your shelves. Sort everything and organize it. Remove anything that does not enhance the look and add things that do. An organized space can go a long way to making things look clean and orderly.
2. Tile your kitchen backsplash. By installing some ceramic tiles to your kitchens backsplash is an inexpensive alternative to a kitchen remodel. This will give your kitchen a fresh updated look without the expense. This will take both weekend days to complete though. Because you have to allow for drying time.
3. Give your fireplace a makeover. Since you only use your fireplace a few months out of the year, you can use the rest of the year to use your fireplace as a focal point for the room. Just clean it out, then add some low maintenance plants that don’t require a lot of sunlight. Another great touch is actually painting the fireplace for a clean fresh look.
5. Add some crown molding. Crown molding will make a room look bigger than it actually is and is not that difficult to install. For the best results, use specially made corner pieces that will take away the need to cut a perfectly fitted mitered edge. Another nice touch is to install some chair railing or add some new, more modern baseboards while you’re at it.
6. Update your picture frames. You probably have many pictures on your walls that have accumulated over the years and no two are alike. So why don’t you take them all down and paint them all the same color so that they all look like they belong together. This is also a good way to add color to the room.
7. Replace your kitchen cabinet and drawer hardware. Your local hardware store has a wide variety of hardware to choose from. Unlike years ago when you were limited to gold and brushed nickel.For a bigger change, resurface your cabinets or DIY
8. Change your lamp shades. This is a great way to give your room a whole new look without having to buy all new lamps. If you prefer, you can add some fabric, beads or ribbons to your old lamp shades to give them a new look.
9. Pick a bedroom. Then add some paint, new curtains and a new comforter etc. Now you have a complete makeover for a very small price.
10. Add some new flooring. This can be easily done by adding some new area rugs or runners to the room. Or you might prefer some new vinyl flooring for your kitchen or bathroom. Vinyl flooring is a very inexpensive way to update your kitchen or bathroom.