1. YouTube It: YouTube is the Mecca of all things video. Listen to this: YouTube’s monthly viewership is the equivalent of roughly 10 Super Bowl audiences, 500 years of YouTube videos are watched every day on other social media sites and over 700 YouTube videos are shared every minute on Twitter. And it’s implications for real estate is pretty staggering – According to a study from Google and the National Association of Realtors® (NAR), 51% of home buyers chose YouTube as their preferred online video destination when shopping for homes. Further, 65% of YouTube videos posted by real estate professionals were able to pull leads. So our point here is, if you don’t yet have a YouTube account, get one stat! All
2. #Hashtags, Keywords and Descriptions: Just as you would for traditional marketing materials, describe the property! However, by associating specific terms with your YouTube video, it can now be indexed by search engines that rank it so that home buyers can more effectively view it based on their search terms. Descriptions should identify its location, features and other branding information but try to add special details that were not revealed in your traditional marketing pieces. Use geo-targeted terms relevant to the location
including city, state, zip code and even neighborhood and community name (i.e. #oceanfront, #virginiabeach, #mainstreet, #Tribeca, #UpperEastSide, #ABCRealty, #wilmingtonhomesforsale, etc.). Hashtags allow users of sites such as Twitter, Google+, and now Facebook, to discover your video even if they aren’t following you.
3. Post, Share, Embed, Tweet and +1 that Video: Seventy percent of home buyers look for a video on a website, Facebook, or YouTube . So be there or be square! With one billion users on Facebook, 500 million on Twitter, and over 340 million on Google+, odds are your clients and prospects are among them and will likely view and share your video. Embed the video on your website, blog, newsletters and emails. Home buyers and owners researching real estate agents and properties like to see that you are incorporating the newest technology and marketing trends to help them buy or sell their next home.
4. FREE Homes.com Agent Profile: Nearly 12.5 million consumers visit Homes.com every month to find a home, real estate agent and other home-related services. Take advantage of this audience by showcasing your video on your free Agent Profile. Add your contact information, social media links, property listings, client endorsements and real estate videos in one place. For even more exposure, promote the video in a Local Ad in the city or zip code of your choice on Homes.com.
5. Video Marketing – the Next Level: To fully master video marketing in real estate, watch and learn. watch Realtor Guru’s webinar’s such as, the Secrets of Top Selling Agents free webinar on Tuesday, July 30th featuring , Raj Qsar of The Boutique Real Estate Group. National Speaker and named Top 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders by Inman News, Raj will show you how video marketing is done.
Now that you know what it takes to produce and share the most powerful form of real estate marketing that is video, it’s time to see it in action and evaluate your investment!