Have you ever wondered how the top selling realtors sell so many homes? It’s because they know the tricks of the trade that will sell your home quickly and the things that will get you the highest possible offers. Let’s talk about some of those little tricks realtors use to help sell your home at lightning speed.
1. Don’t give in to the temptation to overprice your home. You should find out exactly what your home is worth, then take 15 to 20 percent off of that. This creates a buying frenzy. You will begin to receive multiple offers and once a buyer wants a home, they don’t want anyone else to steal it out from under them. That means you could quite possibly start receiving offers that are actually over your asking price. This is the number one strategy used by top selling realtors to sell your home quickly and for top dollar.
2. You must keep your house in pristine condition at all times. You never know when someone might want to tour your home. Most people are busy and won’t want to wait until you are available. They will go on to the next listing if yours is not available when they are ready to view it. Therefore, try to avoid adding a by appointment only clause to your listing whenever possible.
3. You only have one chance to make a good first impression. Your curb appeal must be clean, crisp and inviting. It won’t matter how great the interior of your home looks if you can’t get the buyer through the front door. Talk to your realtor about how to enhance your curb appeal and how to keep those good impressions going throughout your house.
4. De-personalize your home. Remove all personal decor and family photos from your home. It’s extremely important that your buyer can easily picture himself living there. He won’t be able to do that if he sees your wedding pictures and pictures of your dog around every turn.
5. Remove anything you are not using from your home. Pack all your clothes except for the small amount you will need over the next few months. Pack up as much furniture and decor as you can. The goal is to make your home appear bigger. A half empty closet makes your home seem like it has plenty of closet space versus an overstuffed closet that your buyer will perceive as too small. The same goes for your furniture, etc.
6. Brighten your home as much as possible. Open all your window coverings and if you have dark areas in your home, you should consider adding some additional lighting. A light, bright space will make your home more appealing and make it feel more warm and inviting. Many buyers won’t even consider buying a home that appears dark and cave like.
Top selling realtors have many tips and tricks they use to sell homes, these are just a few. Talk to your realtor about the different ways they can recommend that would help sell your home more quickly. A top producing realtor can make the difference between a quick sale and no sale. He can also make the difference between a mediocre offer and multiple top dollar offers. That’s why it’s in your best interest to do a little research and not hire the first person who comes along to sell your home.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK:
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: