“For Rich, ’13 Was Good for Making, and Spending, Money” – an article in Yesterday’s New York Times, highlights the fact that the wealth of the über-rich continues to grow.
A few of the highlights:
- The world’s club of ultrawealthy individuals, or those with $30 million or more in net assets, added about 5,000 new members last year
- Over the last decade, the ranks of the über-rich have swelled by 59 percent, and the register of billionaires climbed 80 percent, to 1,682
- The world’s 0.1 percenters had a pretty good year; three-quarters said their assets had increased. Only 4 percent said they wound up worth less
- By 2023, China is expected to have 322 billionaires, more than Britain, Russia, France and Switzerland combined
- Looking for someplace to park their wealth, the world’s rich still prefer property
READ MORE HERE: